Student Affairs and International Services
Message from the Dean
On behalf of the staff of the Department of Student Affairs and International Services I want to extend warm welcome to you our freshmen to the Dominica State College. We are indeed happy that you have chosen the Dominica State College as you embark on the new chapter in your life. You have said “Good Bye” to high school, and ready to embrace the new challenges of College life. At the Department of Student Affairs we are prepared to be your advocates, embrace your differences,celebrate your achievements and empower you to reach your goals.
Our vision is to see every DSC student develop skills, character, sensitivity and integrity that will contribute to national development-this includes you. We look forward to your commitment to ensure that we achieve that vision. Therefore we encourage you to get actively engaged and involved in the many clubs on campus, as well as the many other activities that we will plan all in the aim of providing you with an ultimate DSC experience.
The College is yours to build and the department is all about you - your ideas, suggestions and initiatives are important as we endeavor to foster a community where all students are valued and cultivate an environment of inclusivity and respect.
Welcome and enjoy the journey!
Create an inclusive community and integrated learning experiences that will build students to make an impact in Society by:
- Supporting students in their development: intellectual, moral, ethical, social, cultural emotional and physical;
- Challenging students to create a diverse community of mutual respect
- Promoting students individuality, encourage independent thought and interdependent actions;
- Motivating students to become leaders, team members, professionals, and world citizens through experiential learning opportunities
- Creating local and global connections: academic, professional and personal and
- Developing students to work towards national, economic and social development
‘To see every DSC student develop the skills, character, sensitivity and integrity that will contribute to national development.'
We will focus on the SEE Goals:
- SUPPORT students to meet their academic, career, social and personal goals.
- EMPOWER students to advocate for themselves and others , be agents of change, appreciate and embrace diversity
- ENGAGE students in co-curricular experiences that will build core competencies that will prepare them to be effective leaders, ambassadors and global citizens
Meet our Office Staff
Beverly Leblanc, Dean Student Affairs and International Services
Frederica James, Counsellor
Edgar Hunter, Director Student Services
Ellena Bowers, Coordinator Career Development
Clevon Vidal, Athletics Coordinator
Ms. Daisy Rodney, Departmental Secretary Student Services
Assist students in discovering their personality and interests.
- Career assessment
- Discover career aspirations
- Identify career goals
Campus Activities and Operations (Student Services/Activities):
Promote student engagement in activities that enhance learning
- Clubs and organizations
- Multicultural life
Offer students’ Academic &Social support aimed at successful transition to DSC
- First year experience
- Access supports; academic accommodations
- Student success programming; study skills, time management, etc.
Building core competences in career explorations, personal growth, communication & leadership development
- Student Ambassador Programme
- Student Clubs
- Co-Curricular Record
Athletics and Recreational Sports
Helping students to achieve and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle through sports and recreation.
Healthy, Wellness and Counselling
Promoting physical, emotional, mental health
- Provide health education
- Prevention of sexual misconduct, violence, substance abuse
- Help students achieve healthy active lifestyle
International Students support/services
Providing internationals students with advising services related to immigration, health care, housing, finances & personal matters.
- Incident Report
- Student handbook
- International Student Handbook
- Career Tips
- Application for Student Ambassador
- Co-Curricular Record.