Government Assistance and Scholarships
Financial Aid and Scholarships are processed through the Office of the Bursar in conjunction with the Admissions desk at the Office of the Registrar.
These academic support services manage financial aid with a number of activities, including:
- Advertising and processing applications for various scholarships that become available from time to time.
- Determining government scholars based on CXC results, inform students and processes these scholarships with the Ministry of Education. Students need not apply for the scholarships as qualification is automatic based on the number of Grade Ones attained. If one is inadvertently left off the list, however, the student may bring it to the attention of the Director of Admissions to have the error rectified.
- Coordinating and processing student requests for Government financial assistance ($500 per student per academic year).
- Providing students with reference and other resources to obtain or process private scholarship and financial assistance opportunities. Applicants who receive private financial aid should visit the Office of the Bursar for details on processing funds. o visit the office for the proper procedures to follow
The following scholarships and financial aid opportunities are usually processed through academic support services. Students should look out for notifications on Orbund and the website for application details:
- The Salybia Mission Award
- Rotary- Victor Joseph Scholarship- Faculty of Arts and Science
- John Archbold- Faculty of Applied Arts and Technology
- DASS/De Filipps Scholarships (2) Biology or Agriculture students year 1
- First Caribbean International Bank- Student of Economics, Accounts & Business Administration
- Norris Prevost Scholarship - Sportsman/Woman from Roseau Central
- Marcel D' Jamela Scholarship- student involved in cultural activities
- BB Trust Scholarship, Tourism and Agriculture