Dominica State College
Dominica's Flagship College
As the first college in the Commonwealth of Dominica, Dominica State College provides access to quality higher education for all Dominicans and international students through an expansive curriculum that serves various industries of national priority. DSC was established in 2002 to consolidate and expand previous nationally funded post-secondary institutions.
With its four main faculties in Arts & Sciences, Education, Health Sciences and Applied Arts & Technology, the College is truly the national college of one’s choice. The College encourages students to participate in activities outside of the traditional academic structure and supports student development through student-led clubs, student government, career development, experiential learning opportunities and even study abroad.
DSC’s campus is located on the hills of Stockfarm overlooking the capital city of Roseau. Whether as a first choice for an Associate’s Degree in fields to enter the workplace or a transfer to other universities, or whether your goal is to complete a Bachelor’s Degree in one of our new or established programmes, Dominica State College is what you’re looking for – setting the standard for quality and excellence. Begin your academic journey here – Choose DSC, choose your future, choose Dominica!
DSC Mission Statement
Dominica State College aims to be the premier higher education institution for:
- Promoting excellence in teaching, learning and research
- Providing high-quality, affordable and accessible educational programmes
- Creating partnerships with regional and international higher education institutions
- Serving the needs of government, business, industry and diverse campus communities, and
- Facilitating the personal and professional development of its students, faculty and staff
To be the premier national student-centered, dynamic and innovative, world-class multi-campus college.
The Goals of Dominica State College are to:
- Be the institution of first choice for Dominican students.
- Be a resource of the people and communities that it serves.
- Equip its students with the knowledge, skills and values for self-development.
- Provide opportunities for values, education, discipline and training.
- Foster personal development of its students.
- Provide students with the foundation knowledge and skills to pursue further academic training.
- Provide access to college education for all who are eligible.
- Provide students with the skills for self-development and ability to compete successfully and find gainful employment in the global society.
- Provide services that will enable the students to make meaningful contributions to the development of the community and become useful members of the nation, regional and global society.